JSW Training & Community Services
JSW is a community based charity that has been delivering community services in the South West for more than ten years. Our services are available in the South West region of Western Australia to people who are employed, people with disabilities, Aboriginal people, young people not engaged in employment, education or training and mature aged people who are under-employed.
As a Registered Training Organisation we deliver nationally accredited training both on and off the job. Our courses and classes are delivered in a relaxed and friendly environment and cover a wide range of subjects. We can even take training to you and deliver customised courses to your staff on your site. Flexibility is the key to our success, simply tell us your requirements and if it can be done we will do it. Our Mission and Values lay the foundation for the way we operate. We strive to achieve these by treating all our clients with courtesy, respect and dignity and by providing services that meet their needs. Staff employed are all trained and experienced and experts in their fields, this ensures that clients receive the best advice, resources and services.
Our Jobs & Skills Centre services cover a range of transition support and career development services for people of all ages. These services are local, they are friendly and they are free.
We are a leading provider of youth and Indigenous services in the region. Our programs are funded by State and Federal Government and provide one to one support for young people in Margaret River, Busselton, Australind, Eaton, Collie, Donnybrook, Bridgetown and Manjimup.
We pride ourselves on innovation and continuously update our programs to reflect current needs.
The Jobs & Skills Centre is a FREE “open door” career development service available throughout the South West region.
Jobs & Skills Centre services include:
- Individual Career Guidance and Career Action Planning
- Information on Training, Education and Employment options
- Examine the requirements of the modern workplace
- Provide access to printed and electronic information and internet based resources
- Online Career information tools
- Employability and Job Search Workshops
- Resume, Interview Skills and application letters assistance
- Access free resume writing software
- Voluntary Workers Insurance cover ($20 admin fee)
- Funding assistance with training for mature age (40+ or 35+ if Indigenous) eligible clients
- Help you explore alternative enterprise pathways, such as self employment
- If we don’t provide the service you are looking for, we’ll identify the most appropriate organisation and refer you, so they can!
- Open access to computers (Seniors Kiosk)
To make an appointment at any of our offices simply phone JSW Training & Community Services on 13 64 64 and let our friendly staff make an appointment for you.
Current available Career Development Workshops:
- Resume Development
- Application letter support
- Selection Criteria assistance
- Job Search Techniques
- Interview Techniques
- Employer Expectations
- Personal Presentation
- Mock interviews
- Optimise Basic Computer Training
Community Services Manager
Regional Coordinator – Bunbury, Busselton, Margaret River & Manjimup
George Andrews – Bunbury
Helene White – Bunbury
Jacqueline Hodson – Busselton and Margaret River
Kathleen Bell – Manjimup