Mobile: 0409 693 799
14 Camel Lane
Carnarvon WA 6701
Monday – Friday
Fax: (08) 9921 3842
Margaret House, Bill Sewell Complex
Geraldton WA 6530
Monday – Friday
Joblink Carnarvon Services
Career Centre – Well organised careers services have been recognised throughout the world as playing an important part in the career success of individuals and the successful operation of education and training systems. This in turn leads to more effective use of Western Australia’s talents and skills and to increase economic competitiveness and growth. Joblink Midwest provides this free service to clients within our region. The service is funded by the Western Australian Department of Training and Workforce Development.
Career Centres are for Western Australians of all ages to assist with lifelong career planning throughout every stage of their life.
Services provided by Joblink Midwest’s Career Centre are FREE OF CHARGE and range from Pre-employment assistance to Career Guidance including:
- Developing and formatting resumes
- Provide information on how to access employment and training services
- Career guidance assistance
- Career Planning
- Core skills for work
- Assist clients the recognise the skills they will need to gain employment
- Assistance with job applications including selection criteria
- Quality referrals
- Access to online career development resources and tools
- Workshops delivery
- Computer & internet access for career exploration and job seeking activities
- Interview Preparation
Whether our clients are just starting their career, re-entering the workforce, looking for a career change or still at school our trained and experienced staff can assist them.
Midwest Jobseeker – State of the art online resource, for marketing job vacancies to jobseekers. Inquiries [email protected] or call (08) 9964 1022
Mature Skilling Program – Training assistance up to $150 available for eligible clients 40 years and over or 35 years and over for Indigenous.
Work Experience Placement – Free insurance cover for clients seeking unpaid work experience. This service is funded by Joblink Midwest
Joblink Midwest Recruitment – A professional, affordable recruitment service for local employers looking for quality staff. This service is funded by Joblink Midwest . Inquiries [email protected] or call (08) 9964 1022
Ticket To Work – Assistance up to $200 for eligible clients who have been offered employment but are unable to self-fund resources required to commence such as training, transport, protective clothing etc. This service is funded by Joblink Midwest.
Current available Career Development Workshops:
- Addressing Selection Criteria – Workshop focused on addressing selection criteria for a job application.
- Application & Cover Letters- How to write a professional job application or cover letter.
- Apprenticeships & Traineeships- Information on gaining an apprenticeship or traineeship.
- Career Builder- Completing the career builder program and developing an action plan.
- Career Planning- The importance of developing a strong career action plan.
- Communication- Workshop on the importance of developing good communication skills.
- Computer Training- Basic Word and Excel training.
- Employability Skills- Workshop designed to identify key employability skills and how to improve them.
- Employer Expectations- What do Employers expect from employees and what should employees expect from employers?
- Future Moves – Career Development in Schools
- Interview Skills- A complete guide to improving interview performance up to and including conducting a formal panel interview.
- Job Search Guide- Workbook resource for finding employment.
- Managing Money- The importance of budgeting and how to manage your money effectively.
- Myfuture- How to use the myfuture.edu.au website to find career information.
- New World of Work- A look into how the world of work is changing and the options available.
- Problem Solving- The value of problem solving and how to develop problem solving skills.
- Resumes- How to develop a professional resume that will set you apart from the competition.
- Teamwork- What it means to be an effective team
- Workplace Safety- Being safe in a work environment and understanding your role in work safety.
Joblink Midwest (Inc.) is an established (1988) non-profit organisation located in Geraldton Western Australia servicing the Midwest and Gascoyne regions of our State.
Joblink Midwest provides Career Guidance and Employment services.
Joblink has partnered with Central Regional TAFE to deliver the Jobs & Skills Centre services.
Our Jobs & Skills Centre uses a range of career profiling tools including Career Builder and Card sorts.
Our Career Development Officer will also assist you in developing your career plan based around the career options that best suit your personality. If you require free assistance with training options, developing a professional resume, job applications or interview skills training we are here to assist and our services are free.
For assistance please contact our office between 8:00am and 4:30pm – Monday to Friday. Clients in remote areas can access Career Centre services through their local Community Resource Centre.