After much testing, designing, more testing, re-designing and some more testing the Future Moves Online Career Card Sorts has finally launched. This allows clients to quickly and easily sort 48 personality statement cards into those that sound exactly, a lot, a little and nothing like them. With the power of the internet and excel formulas we are then able to extract the card sort results and turn it into a report that helps identify strengths, weaknesses, develop a strong personality statement, identify skills and list some potential career ideas. Dongara District High School Year 9 & 10 students have tested the online card sorting and found it to be “scary accurate” and “sounds exactly like everyone in the class”. It is now being rolled out to all of our clients as an alternative to Career Builder for those with low literacy/numeracy or perhaps don’t recognise or know their skills and strengths. The Online Card Sort Activity takes 8-12 minutes to complete and about 15-20 minutes to go through.
Submitting a new link listing (for public access)
- On the “Add Link” page, select the categories you want your link to appear in from the drop-down menu. Use the Ctrl key to select more than one category. Then click the Continue button.
- When the Listing Information section loads, enter the information you want to appear with your link.
- The input section titled “Website” is the NAME of the website or other resource you want to share (not the website address).
- Both the Short Description and Long Description are optional but are helpful in describing your link or resource to visitors looking for it.
- The input section titled “Website Address” is the address of the web page, download or other resource you wish to link to. This URL must be accessible from the web. If it is a resource on your local network or PC, you will first need to upload it to the web. You can use our “Upload Manager” to upload your file to our server.
- The link text is optional and only appears when someone mouses over the link to your resource.
- In order to make your link available to our search system, please include some relevant tags. Tags are one word or a phrase separated by a comma.
- Click the continue button to load the image selection section.
- When the image selection section loads, drag and drop your image to the outlined area or click “Select images from your hard drive” and navigate to the image you want to use to highlight your link.
Ideally Images should be a maximum of 96 DPI resolution and 500 pixels square in physical dimensions.
- When your image finishes uploading, a thumbnail will appear above the “Upload Images” area. You only need one image but you can choose to upload a total of two if you wish.
- Once your image/images are uploaded select one of them to use as the listing thumbnail. If you only uploaded one image, it will be selected automatically.
- Click the continue button to complete your submission
- All links submitted are activated automatically and assigned to your account.
If you wish to edit or delete your link, you can log in and do so. There is a login button at the top of every page.